Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Thought On This Special Historical Day...

I really dont want to put out my complains in words, like I said before... I don't even want to have negative feelings towards anything right now. BUT... On this very historical day, when there's something has to put out there saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH... only to hope to make a change for the better, I'd be glad to do so.

I was planning on watching cnn/facebook to witness Obama Inauguration LIVE... but I wasn't able to.
And I had to write the following message on the wall on their page.


"VERY dissapointing that when this cnn/facebook group's network states that its GLOBAL... CNN.com/live does NOT allow Japan and probably several other countries to watch video. If you are not allowing viewers outside of the states to watch... you could at least warn us that in advance. I was very excited to watch this historical Inauguration LIVE... believing CHANGE is here...

The video is NOT downloadable... why do you need to limit who can watch such amazing moment! I know Obama is the president of the united states... but for him becoming the president has been a big hope for people around the world as well. One of the biggest outlet for jounalism such as CNN should recognize that fact. The mission of journalism is supposed to be reporting the truth to the WORLD... not just to an indivisual country.

Before speaking and expecting on how one president can change not just the states but the world, please seek what one powerful media such as CNN can do to support the change."



What do you guys think??

I'm actually glad that I wrote it on their wall... Because I was contacted by an American living in Japan saying he had the same problem... and while we were going back and forth texting each other, he found that msnbc.com allowed us to watch the coverage live. Bow to msnbc.com!! REALLY!!! true journalism!!!

I believe there's a difference between being "self-centered" and being "selfish". Being "self-centered" means that to allow your soul to BE as it truly is and do what it wants to do accordingly. On the other hand, being "selfish" means do whatever your mind tells you to do thinking its good for you despite of the fact that the selfish act may hurt other people while doing it and without knowing that it's actually hurting your soul as well. And when all the inventions and services that weve know today was supposed to exist as the proof and the result of the growth of our souls. But instead, so many things have been handled by "selfish" minds and acts, we consciously carry the thoughts of discriminating others to defend ourselves indivisually. And this incident with cnn.com is one small but major example of twisted act for excluding others to prevend them to hinder ones' profits. Would such an act be acceptable in journalism? I say no. Would such an act be acceptable in our lives? I also say NO to that...

But really... it's not JUST about journalism... At the end of the day... you can NOT expect anybody else, even Obama, but yourself to make changes with the way things are in life and in the world. And honestly... I don't expect this note would make you change the way you feel or think... even though I would truly hope so... Because CHANGE has to come from within... YOU and ME... THAT is the first step. And I'm only putting this thought in writing thinking I would be honored and grateful if this would inspire ONE person in this world...

WE ALL, not only those who are in the states but also people around the world, feel and believe that this year is going to be the year of CHANGE. And Obama being the president of the US has inspired us to believe so. Most of us are speaking on it. So what do we need to do now? I believe you know exactly what you need to do. I truly pray that you do...

No comments:

Post a Comment